- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package Alessi Risotto MilaneseAdd
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Alessi Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs, divided
- Vigo Pure Olive Oil
- Creamy Garlic Dressing (optional)
Cook risotto according to package directions. Let cool completely, preferably in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
In a saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Whisk in heavy cream and garlic then season with salt and pepper. Add grated Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Simmer until thick, about 15 minutes, then remove from heat. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Set aside
Beat eggs in a large bowl, add cooled risotto and 1 cup breadcrumbs; mix well.
Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Using 1/3 cup at a time, form risotto mixture into patties and coat with breadcrumbs.
Heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of large skillet over medium heat. In batches, fry risotto patties in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels and serve risotto cakes with the creamy garlic sauce as a dip.