Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon Alessi White Balsamic Reduction
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 1/2 cans full-fat coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place coconut milk, almond milk, 3 Tbsp honey, vanilla extract and salt in a blender and
blend until smooth. Mix in the cooled roasted strawberries with their juices and pour
into your ice cream maker, churning for about 20 minutes (or per your ice cream
- For the strawberries: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together
strawberries, balsamic and 1 Tbsp honey. Transfer strawberries to a baking dish and
roast for 10 minutes. Stir berries and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer 24 hours before.
- Transfer roasted berries to a bowl and mash using a potato masher (this gives you big
chunks) or use a blender or food processor to blend them up. Set aside to cool.
- Place ice cream into an airtight container and freeze at least 4 hours before serving. If
ice cream is too firm, just set it out about 30 minutes before serving to soften up!
Featured on: Eat Yourself Skinny