Creamy Gorgonzola Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Alessi Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound crumbled gorgonzola cheese, more for topping
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 pound Alessi Gnocchi, cooked
- 1/4 cup Alessi Pine Nuts
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- crushed red pepper flakes, for topping
This creamy gorgonzola gnocchi with baby spinach is topped with toasted pine nuts and just a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and pairs perfectly with a Pinot Grigio It’s the perfect creamy dish for Meatless Monday or throw on a little grilled steak to take it to a whole new level of protein packed deliciousness. Trust me, you’ll love how easy it is to make this flavorful dish!
- In a 12-inch skillet add olive oil and set over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot add the shallots, oregano, sage and black pepper. Saute gently until the shallots are soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds or just until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and let it gently simmer for about 5 minutes or until the cream is slightly thickened.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the gorgonzola cheese. Stir gently to help the cheese melt into the cream, about 5 minutes. When the cheese is almost completely melted into the cream add the baby spinach and let the warmth of the sauce help soften the fresh spinach.
- Add in the cooked gnocchi and toss to combine.
- To serve, sprinkle the top with chopped toasted pine nuts and optional crumbled gorgonzola cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
Featured on: Nutmeg Nanny