- Prep Time:
- Total Time: cook time is 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Alessi Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- maraschino cherries, optional
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat 3 cups of water to boiling.
- Add the rice and butter to the boiling water. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce the stove heat to low, cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and let it cook undisturbed for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the rice is done cooking, remove it from the heat, transfer it to a large bowl. Fluff the rice with a fork and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- When the rice has cooled, add the pineapple, strawberries, marshmallows and sugar. Mix well. Allow this mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the rice mixture. Fold together gently.
- Top with maraschino cherries and additional marshmallows if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving and serve cold.
This recipe is best served soon after you combine the ingredients together. It will thicken up as it sits. We like it best served right away, when it is not as thick.
Featured on: Tastes of Lizzy T