- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons Alessi Garlic Puree
- Alessi Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 potatoes cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cups Alessi Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Alessi Capers, drained
- 1/2 cup Vigo Manzanilla Olives
- 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked white rice
In a medium frying pan, brown the ground beef with a dash of cumin, salt and pepper, drain off any excess fat and set aside.
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes, then mix in the bell pepper, cumin, pepper and a little salt.
Add the potato pieces and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and wine and let the liquid reduce. Pour in the tomato sauce when the potatoes are half-cooked (about 10 minutes), then add the capers and olives.
Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are ready. If the sauce thickens too much, you can add more wine. Serve over white rice.