Rustic Italian Braised Short Ribs
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds beef short ribs, bone-in
- Alessi Sea Salt
- Alessi Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 ounces pancetta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Alessi Garlic Puree
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 jar Alessi Chunky Marinara Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season the short ribs with Alessi Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
In a large Dutch oven, heat half of the Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat and brown the short ribs on all sides (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove from the Dutch oven and set aside.
Add the remaining Alessi Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the Dutch oven and sauté the pancetta, onion, carrot, and celery for about 3-4 minutes.
Next, add the Alessi Garlic Puree and herbs and sauté for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the broth, red wine, and Alessi Chunky Marinara Sauce and mix well.
Place the browned short ribs back into the Dutch oven and evenly coat with sauce, cover the Dutch oven. Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours until tender.